Saturday 21 July 2007

July is UFO month...

This month seems to be all about finishing my unfinished projects, knitting that is, there are other unfinished projects around the house but that could be a whold other blog. I thought I would take a few pics of stuff I have finished, am attempting to finish or just a WIP I just can't get to... but first I would have to find some batteries for the camera. Sorry Roboraptor...



So new armed with a camera that will actually take a picure, here are some things I have been working on.

I had made a Knitted Babe (from the book Knitted Babes by Claire Garland) for the little girl that I did the Wee Willie Winkie hat for and my Mum thought that it would be a great idea for me to knit one for both of my 2nd cousins daughters. I said 'yes' of course! (???) I had just purchased the Clair Garland's new book, Dream Toys and wanted to try something from it.


I remember that this was in something like October last year and I was due to give birth (a homebirth) in the beginning of November. We had a shed to put in shortly after the birth of my 3rd child and I still had to finish the baby blanket.

Mum wanted these to be christmas gifts... of course they were still in progress in January so they could be birthday presents for March...
Well March came and went and now they are done and ready to be presents for when their little brother is born. I love them, I especially love the fairies funky hair.
I know it was a bad idea to use this very green blanket as a background but the camera does make the green look very vivid. This cardigan is from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, I enjoyed knitting it but didn't quite put it together in time for little Tate to wear it. Now I have something to give my 2nd cousins new baby boy when he is born - did I mention that I have never met these children, I just can't say no to my Mum I guess.
After finishing the Jo Sharp vest I wanted one for myself and found a great pattern in Knit - Issue 3, I used the same yarn (and colour) as the book. I would love to finish it before spring but there are of course other things to finish and it is very slow going even though the cable is not very complex.
This is what I would most like to finish, the Shawl Collared coat from Jo Sharp ('Of course!' you say..) Alpaca Kid Lustre (Alpaca, Mohair and Merino) is beautiful, it has a bit of a pearly sheen to it and feels wonderful next to the skin. I ran out of the yarn today and I am only a few rows from finishing the last sleeve, after that there is the shawl collar and then sewing up!

Unfortunately my dream of finishing the coat by the end of the school holidays will not be realised, but I will be wearing it soon. Cold school morning drop-offs here I come. It's about time too, it was started last winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment