Friday 21 December 2007

Holidays (for want of a better word)

The start of the Christmas school holidays has been a bit stressful, the fighting, arguing, battles about toys... Thank goodness there is extra sleep in the 'holidays'. My two eldest, Quinn and Eli went into overdrive in the first few days, I think it was some form of "holiday shell-shock" and a bit of "spending too much time together", they have calmed down a bit since and we are now looking forward to Christmas, four days to go!!!

I had planned on getting a couple of pairs of socks done for my nieces (previous post) but as that is not to be I've bought presents instead and the socks will be finished for birthdays in March.

This is what has been taking up my sock knitting time, Quinn wanted to give his Reception teacher a doll, so I made a doll that hopefully looks like her, I wanted to do something special as she is his first teacher and this was her first year with her own class. I love how it turned out.


I couldn't resist adding this pic. It is the Christmas tree in Victoria Square in the middle of Adelaide, South Australia. I was driving Quinn and his friend home after the end of year Chapel service and we decided to drive past and have a look at the tree with all the lights on (normally the kids go to bed while it is still light and miss out on the Christmas lights). I took this picture while we stopped at a red light (tree slightly in the way).

In the bottom left of the picture is the fountain in Victoria Square, no idea what it is called but it looked good lit up in red.


No comments:

Post a Comment